Monday, April 18, 2011

Hanumaan - God of Kaliyuga


The greatness of Hanuman is explained by Lord Ram in the Ramayan.
Lord Ram said to Hanuman, ‘I am greatly indebted to you, O mighty hero. You did marvelous, superhuman deeds. You do not want anything in return. … you have not asked for anything at any time. You threw away the precious garland of pearls given to you by Sita.
How can I repay my debt of gratitude to you? I will always remain deeply indebted to you.
I give you the boon of everlasting life. All will honor and worship you like myself. Your idol will be placed at the door of my temple and you will be worshipped and honored first. Whenever my stories are recited or glories sung, your glory will be sung before mine. You will be able to do anything, even that which I will not be able to!
Hanuman Jayanthi is the birthday of Lord Hanuman and it is observed on the full moon (Purnima) day in the Hindu month of Chaitra (March – April) as per traditional lunar Hindu calendar. In 2011, the date of Hanuman Jayanthi is April 18.
(In some calendars the Purnima starts on April 17,2011 but the celebrations are on April 18). Lord Hanuman is also known as Bajrang Bali and Anjaneya and is one of the most popular gods in Hinduism. He is a Chiranjeevi – one blessed with immortality.

No comments:

Post a Comment